Random Posts

Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Libre Office

     OpenOffice was installed on my old laptop, but after replacing the hard drive I opted to install LibreOffice. There isn't much difference between the two, but I went with LibreOffice because the latest release of this open source productivity suite is leaner, smarter, and more compatible with Microsoft Office docs than the old OpenOffice. 
     The developers of LibreOffice are keeping it updated and while it may not be the perfect replacement for Microsoft Office, the problems will be very minor, if noticeable at all, for most users. LibreOffice 4.4 handles Microsoft Office documents better than ever before even though document compatibility is not always possible. For me, it's really a non-problem, but it could be in some professional office applications, I guess. 
     In any case, I am very pleased with LibreOffice and have not run into any problems when using it for home applications. Highly recommended as a replacement for the pricey Microsoft Office. Visit Site

No comments:

Post a Comment