Random Posts

Wednesday, January 27, 2021

IOCELL External Hard Drive Enclosure

     Technically it's called the IOCELL Networks USB 2.0 External Hard Drive Enclosure - i-251U2B and about the only place I've seen them is on Amazon, sometimes used, but new ones cost about $10 plus shipping. 
     I've been using one of these little gems for years ever since I had a laptop crash. When my old laptop hard drive was replaced with an SSD I just snapped the old hard drive into my IOCELL External Hard Drive Enclosure and was able to salvage all my files. You can also save files to it like a huge flash drive if you want. The only thing you can't do is run programs off of it. 
     I originally purchased mine from Radio Shack for about $20 and it came with a cable and even a small screw driver to remove the screws from the laptop. Note: you will have to remove the laptop's hard drive from its aluminum case, hence the screwdriver. Highly recommended! Buy from Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment