What animal can squeeze through a hole the size of a quarter? What animal has teeth so sharp they can grind through cinder block, wire or even glass? If you guessed the rat, you’re right. These rodents are smart and agile.
- They are usually about 10 to 14 inches long, including their tails.
- Rats eat almost anything. They like meat, grain, seeds, fruit and vegetables.
- Norway rats are big and aggressive. They fight with each other and will even attack humans. Rats have sharp teeth that constantly grow. They chew on wood to keep the teeth short and sharp.
- Pet rats live about 3 years.
- Rats can have up to 20 babies at once.
- Rats have a good memory and sense of taste. They can recognize and remember the taste of rat poison.
Rats are edible! They are available street food in some Southeast Asian countries, but rodents have fallen out of favor in most Western cuisines, relegated to mere vermin. So how would you go about cooking a rat if you'd never tried it before? Here's how... We Ate Rat Salad...Includes details on to butcher and cook a rat.
Ten Worst Cities in the World for Rats
Rat Behavior and Biology
Equador's Rat Battle
17 Loveable Facts About Rats