Random Posts

Monday, July 8, 2019

Idiots At The Environmental Protection Agency

     Idiotic government regulations are wrecking our lives. I forgot what idiots they are at the EPA until I emptied my 30 year old gas can into the lawn mower, then since it wasn’t quite full, I topped off the tank with gas stored in a Portable Fuel Container, or as we used to call them, “gas can.” 
     This Portable Fuel Container was designed and manufactured under strict specifications set by the U. S. Environmental Protection Agency which have been in effect since 2009 and includes design features that minimize air pollution and improve safety.  At least that's what they say.
     The EPA banned normal gas cans in 2009, following the pioneers at the California Air Resources Board, which said: The Portable Fuel Container (PFC) regulations are an important concept in our efforts to improve California's air quality.


     No gas cans, excuse me, I meant Portable Fuel Containers, available for sale anymore have vents so when trying to pour gas out of them you get a bubbling eruption of gasoline from a very complicated spout that is easily broken...that is assuming you can get the contraption to work at all. In my case the spout on the PFC either doesn't work or I am not smart enough to figure out how to use it.  Even getting the spout unscrewed to dump the gas into the old, illegal, environmental polluting can was a challenge.
    You can find hacks on Youtube that will enable you to fix the spout problem.  They're probably illegal, but who cares?

No comments:

Post a Comment